Welcome to the MaDnesS alliance forums, enjoy

basic defence tips and guidelines

#1 by Dante , Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:09 pm

again im making this guide myself, its open to debate.

iv tryed many defensive strategys over the months i have played evony, as fallows is a rough 3 stage guideline to what your wall defences should look like:

1-250k prestiege

8-10k archers towers
500 traps
1000 abatis
1 rockfall
1 rolling log

250k-800k
10k + towers
100 traps
200 abatis
1 rockfall
1 rolling log

800k - infinate:
17-18k towers
1 trap
1 abatis

the above guidelines are what i had at that given lvl of prest., these defences ate time tested and proven deadly effective.

Zitat
*tip*
upgrading walls to level 10 provide your archers with a rage boost resulting in less losses on defence

Heros:
once again a good hero is a major factor in deciding the outcome of a battle your hero should be leveld up as high as possable 150+ atk is the best
(refer to my hero leveling guide in the "guides" section for info on hero leveling)

Layers:
just like in offence layers are key, if u are a person who dosent defend every city with 50k+ archers, and keep all your troops in a single city, always keep layers in your city, as fallows are the layers i keep in all of my citys:

1k warrs
1k workers
1k pike
1k swords
100k+ scouts
1k cav&phracts
transports and ballista (enuough to farm to support your troops)
500 rams
500 catapults (for range)
i personally keep 50k archers+ all these layers per city, and include an extra 3-5k pults/rams******

always keep gates open during an attack and mark your embassy check box that says "allow allied troops to garrison city" doing this will asshure that renforcements can be sent and will fight when they arrive even if you are offline. keep in mind, if you do not have the troops to defend yourself keep your gates open anyway, if they are closed alliance members who send renforcements will not be allowed to take part in the combat until your city loyalty is at 5, and by then it may be too late.....also remember that if your troops dont die with gates closed they will starve from refuge if your food is taken.

one big part of defending is using good judgement, preserver renforcing troops if u cant win, dont sucide others troops, always close gates for scout bombs as they kill archers and bypass layers.

if online and under attak do not panic, state clearly to alliance members how long till the attak hits you, who is sending the attack, your coords and the number and type of incoming troops, which brings me to the next point:

Becon towers:

becon towers work in combination with informatics level to allow you to see who is attacking you and what they are sending, upgrade beacon tower to the highest lvl u can , if u have the extra mich script, make it lvl 10

Embassy:

always check the box to llow renforcements in your embassy, each lvl of embassy allows more wave of troops to be sent to u.
for example: a lvl 1 embassy will allow 1 alliance member to send u a max of 125k troops where a lvl 10 will allow 1 or more members to send 900k+ troops

on a ending note, again i welcome criticisim and plz excuse my spelling ;)

Dante  
Dante
Date registered 02.01.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor